terça-feira, novembro 07, 2006

Outro meme / Another meme

Visto no blogue da Noo. Respondo só em inglês, tenho pressa e preguiça...

Seen on Noo's blog.


1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?


The page only has 3 paragraphs, unless I consider each equation as a paragraph in itself. So, I will cite the 2nd paragraph, without equations:

“where p is the number of nearest neighbours, and the square-bracketed relation for the above-mentioned assumption that spins which are not nearest neighbours have a zero exchange integral. Other assumptions about some finite values for the next-nearest neighbours (of which real cases exist [4]), or even further-away spins, are also possible with the same algebra. An example will be given in section 2.3. For these notations, eqn (2.2.29) is”

(from Introduction to the Theory of Ferromagnetism, Amikam Aharoni)

Riveting, isn't it? :P

2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?

If I simply stretch it to the left, air. Going around with the stretched arm, I touch the book, a notebook, several papers, a dvd, my sunglasses, my computer, a bottle of water, my chair and the wall behind me.

3. What’s the last program you watched on tv?

Yesterday, just a bit of an episode of "Sex and the City". Did not like it so did not want to watch the rest. Lately, the TV series that's more in my mind is "House, M.D."

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.

19:20. It’s actually 19:05 (good, it's earlier than I thought).

5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?


Buses on the street, other colleagues typing in their computers.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?


At 16:30, came back from classes to my office, which is in a different building.

7. What are you wearing?


Jeans, a wine-coloured long sleeve t-shirt, a dark blue cardigan, black sneakers, bright pink socks.

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?


I dreamt a very weird dream. I was with people I know from church (but don't know that much, they are just people I know, not friends) and we went to a clothes store (handpainted t-shirts, long skirts, the bohemian look) which also sold pottery knicknacks. We did not buy anything. Afterwards, it started raining so we all went to the car. The guy who owned the car drove us to some place I don't know among buildings and parked the car, and the four of us started chatting inside the parked car. But then the conversation got a little too personal to tell online. Nothing steamy or romantic, just a bit too personal.

9. When was the last time you laughed?


At lunch, about some joke a friend told.

10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now?

Two blackboards with advanced mathematics scribbled on them, a sticker with our phone number, a few postcards from people who were previously our colleagues and are abroad now, and a phone list.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?

There was a metal tube sticking out from the sidewalk, about 10 cm high. I really did not see it, I stumbled over it, but curiously the friend that was with me guessed I would not see it and would stumble over it, so he warned me and at the same time grabbed my arm just in time to prevent me from falling.

12. What do you think about this meme?

Fun.

13. What’s the last film you saw?

At the cinema, it was Children of Men.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?


Buy a house for me and the essentials for the house, give a good amount to close family. If there was really a lot of money, invest some and give some to my closest friends and favourite charities.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.

See here.

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?

Don't know. Noo voiced one of my concerns: that I would make a change that seemed good but had catastrophic results. (When I was a child I wondered what would I do if God gave me infinite power, and I would politely refuse it. I guess I am a wimp. Or else I think too much. Or both). Don't really know. Maybe I would change myself, to be wiser. Because then maybe I would know what to do.

17. Do you like dancing?

I cannot dance. Some day I will try to learn it, but I cannot dance at all.

18. George Bush?


What does this question mean?

19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?

I feel this is private and don't want to share it here. There are several names I like, the 3 I like best start with P, M and S. Still, I would love to have several children, so there's room for several names. And the other parent, the father, should have a choice in the names too.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?

It depends.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?

Come to My arms, daughter. All is forgiven. Rejoice!

22. Who should do this meme?

Like Noo said: "Anyone who wants to. I’d encourage everyone to answer number 1, at least, though. I want to know what’s on page 18 at paragraph 4 of your book!"

Still, I would love to know from Filomena, Ovelha Tricotadeira, Mamã Martinho and Laura.

If any of my readers answers this meme, please comment here!

2 comentários:

ana rita disse...

yay, I am one of the people who lives abroad and sent postcards! :)

Anónimo disse...

Já respondi!

Bjs

Mónica

 

Creative Commons License
This work by Knit_tgz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License