segunda-feira, dezembro 05, 2005

Começos, fins e recomeços/ Beginning, ends and beginnings again

Os últimos dias têm sido ricos em começos, fins e recomeços. (Não, infelizmente ainda não acabei a tese... Mas adiante!)

These last few days have given me several beginnings, ends and new beginnings. (No, I have not finished my thesis yet, unfortunately...)

Mas há bons começos e maus começos, bons fins e maus fins. E há maus fins que permitem recomeçar, e outros que não. Bons começos: o aniversário da minha mãe, que festejei no fim-de-semana antes deste, o nascimento de dois gatinhos filhos da gata da minha mãe, há uma semana (eu estava lá!), o aniversário de uma das pessoas que mais significam para mim, que celebro hoje (ele não lê este blogue, não é um tricotador, mas é um diamante de pessoa). São bons começos. Como são bons começos o começar uma nova peça em malha (por exemplo as meias) e ir vencendo as dificuldades aos poucos.

But there are good beginnings and bad beginnings, good ends and bad ends. And some bad endings allow us to start again. Some good beginnings: my mother's birthday, which we celebrated around one week ago, the birth of two new kittens to my mother's cat, a week ago (I was there!), the birthday of one person which is very important to me, which I celebrate today (he doesn't read this blog, he doesn't knit, but he's a diamond). These are good beginnings. As starting a new knit (the socks, for instance) and conquering the difficult parts is a good beginning.

Por vezes os começos parecem difíceis, mas a dificuldade consegue ultrapassar-se. Outras vezes é preciso recomeçar. Há algo fundamentalmente errado e tem de se fazer de outro modo. Outras vezes ainda não é possível recomeçar.

Sometimes the beginnings seem hard, but we can overcome the difficulties. Other times we must start again. There's something fundamentally wrong and we must do things in a different way. And some other times the end is final, we cannot start again.


Fui passar o fim-de-semana a casa da minha mãe. Enquanto lá estava, um dos gatinhos morreu. Simplesmente deixou de respirar, de repente.

Hoje está aqui um dia cinzento e chuvoso. Sinto-me cansada. E com sentimentos mistos: feliz pelos aniversários de pessoas a quem amo, mas triste, porque a morte súbita e inexplicada, mesmo de um gatinho bebé, é triste.

Amanhã volto a escrever sobre malhas...

I spent the weekend at my mother's. While I was there, one of the kittens died. He simply stopped breathing suddenly.

Today we are having a grey and rainy day. I feel tired, and with mixed feelings: I'm happy because of the birthdays of people I love, but sad because every sudden and unexplained death, even from a small kitten, is sad.

I'll be back tomorrow to write about knitting.

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Sorry to hear you are feeling sad. Deaths are always horrible, even if they are expected - or kittens. Thinking of you...

 

Creative Commons License
This work by Knit_tgz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License